Friday, March 13, 2009

Jon Stewart vs. Jim Cramer

I am a huge fan of Stewart, so maybe this is my own bias... but Jim Cramer looked like David Brent during this debate. You alternate between feeling sorry for nice guy Cramer who just wants everyone to like him, and then suddenly wondering if Cramer should be in jail.

It wasn't even that Jon Stewart laid out his best arguments, his side was mostly built around footage he scrounged up from a not-for-TV interview of Cramer. The stuff on that clip was shocking, but mostly Jim Cramer lost because he simply refused to debate. He was constantly playing the "reformed sinner," as AP put it in their coverage, "Stewart Hammers Cramer."

I would feel bad for perpetuating this slow news week ratings grab (why is this debate hyped on the cover of USA Today?), but I think this means the feud is officially over.

The uncensored debate is embedded below.

Part I:



Part II:


Part III: