Monday, October 24, 2005

End of Faith

For some reason I got talked into holding a discussion event here in Tulsa for a local humanist group. I plan to present Sam Harris' book End of Faith.

It has been a few months since I read it and was going to launch a discussion of it here. I'm looking for points good and bad so I can play devil's advocate during the discussion.

For those of you who have not read it, the topic matter is the dangers of religious beliefs in a world with weapons of mass destruction. If a believer of a religion thinks they are going to a better place after this world then the have nothing to lose by killing non-believers along with themselves.

Anyway I'm looking for discussion points mainly here.
http://www.samharris.org/


Aside: I'm going to be in a zombie movie: Please Don't Feed the Zombies.