Monday, February 23, 2009

Kosmix and Bobby Jindal

Kosmix is a new search engine attempting to penetrate the "deep web."

For a good starting place, check out their page on Bobby Jindal, my fav for the McCain VP, my fav for the Republican Party challenger in 2012, and to deliver the Republican response to Obama's State of the Union on Tuesday.

I'm not well equipped to measure their deepweb capabilities, but I notice two things right off:
1) Novel searches take a few seconds to process.
2) The page layout incorporates modern search engine usability ideas, like putting photos in one place, news articles in another, and wikipedia results and regular search results somewhere else. Deepweb is exciting, but usability seems like the next place search can gain the most ground the most quickly to me.